Wednesday, December 14, 2016

IMPORTANT! Can I Do It?

Y'ALL!  I am TEN books away from actually completing this year's PopSugar Reading Challenge!  Can I do it?  I don't think I can not try when I'm so freaking close!!  I'm big on color-coding.  In the list below, the items that are struck through have been completed (yay!); the items highlighted in green mean that I have a plan, but I have to follow through; and the items highlighted in yellow I am definitely taking advice on.  If you know of children's books, novellas, books of verse, or graphic novels to fit any of those, please let me know!

(Is anyone else out there working on this checklist?  How are you doing?  Did you already complete it?)

A book based on a fairy tale Tiger Lily
A National Book Award winner  Ramona and Her Mother
A YA bestseller Six of Crows
A book you haven’t read since high school  Madame Bovary
A book set in your home state P is for Palmetto
A book translated to English  Journal of Major George Washington, 1754
A romance set in the future The Cage
A book set in Europe  The Nightingale
A book that’s under 150 pages  The Fireflies Book
A New York Times bestseller  Tea Time for the Traditionally Built
A book that’s becoming a movie this year
A book recommended by someone you just met  #scandal
A self-improvement book  The Happiest Baby on the Block
A book you can finish in a day  Prohibition Bakery
A book written by a celebrity  Situation Momedy
A political memoir  March Book One
A book at least 100 years older than you
A book that’s more than 600 pages  Baby 411
A book from Oprah’s Book Club Night
A science-fiction novel  Meridian
A book recommended by a family member  On Becoming Babywise
A graphic novel  The Harlem Hellfighters
A book that is published in 2016  Stalking Jack the Ripper
A book with a protagonist who has your occupation  The Library at Mount Char
A book that takes place during Summer  Circa Now
A book and its prequel  Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise
A murder mystery  What We Lost in the Dark
A book written by a comedian  Talking as Fast as I Can
A dystopian novel  Near Enemy
A book with a blue cover  The Forever Girl
A book of poetry
The first book you see in a bookstore
A classic from the 20th century  Of Mice and Men ??
A book from the library  The Blood of Olympus
An autobiography  I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had
A book about a road trip  The Dakota Cipher
A book about a culture you’re unfamiliar with  The Saturday Big Tent Wedding
A satirical book  Mama Tried
A book that takes place on an island  The Young Elites
A book that’s guaranteed to bring you joy  Wild Ones

3 comments:

  1. I am working on the challenge too. It feels ridiculous that after reading so much this year, I am in danger of not finishing. I don't have short recommendations for you, sorry but I'll check back in on you.
    My personal Goodreads challenge is to read 100 books in 2016 and I'm right now finishing up book 89. I have 6 books left for the Popsugar challenge. I believe we can both reach our goals.
    Http://Runwright.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book of poetry I am reading Brown Girl Dreaming. It's a relatively short read.
    http://Runwright.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement!!! I'm cheering for you to meet your goal as well. I don't know how you feel about this, but since we're down to the wire I'm allowing myself to read a couple children's books if needed. "P for Palmetto" is an alphabet picture book for my "book set in your home state" item!

    ReplyDelete