Friday, September 11, 2015

Whatever Happened to Janie? by Caroline B. Cooney | Book Review

Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2)

Flashback Friday Review!

As I mentioned last Friday, I read this book and The Face on the Milk Carton way back in middle school, but never finished the series.  Well, over the last couple of weeks I finished them up via audiobook, but I wanted to do flashback reviews of the first two first.

I remember loving these books, and reading them more than once.  I also remembered the plot and most of the characters; that really shows how much I was crazy into these books!  I do not remember these being Printz Award-worthy, but they could definitely win popularity contests.  I also vaguely remember feeling like this book was really necessary; like maybe The Face on the Milk Carton ended too abruptly?  Didn't matter; they're both pretty slender reads, and I definitely recommend them.

I don't think Goodreads was even around when I was in middle school, so I couldn't write a review, but here's the back cover synopsis:  No one ever paid attention to the faces of missing children on milk cartons.  But as Janie Johnson glanced at the face of the little girl who had been taken twelve years ago, she recognized that little girl-it was herself.

The mystery of the kidnapping is unraveled, but the nightmare is not over.  The Spring family wants justice, but who is to blame?  It's difficult to figure out what's best for everyone.

Janie Johnson or Janie Spring? There's enough love for everyone, but how can the two separate families live happily ever after?

*I read this a very long time ago, and can't remember if I borrowed Whatever Happened to Janie? from the library or from a friend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment