Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out.

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

1. Stephenie Meyer (of Twilight infamy.  Does she count?  I feel like her star has fallen a little, but I never did read the Twilight series, even when it was crazy popular.)

2. Carrie Ryan.  But I want to.  Plus: she's an NC author and I'm now an NC girl.  Read local!

3. Robin Constantine, Megan Miranda, and Kasie West.  I'm grouping these three together because I went to an author event a couple of weeks ago and I met all three of these ladies and I HADN'T READ THEIR BOOKS.  That's a first for me!  No matter how bad the book ends up being, I always make it a point to read the book before I go to the author event!  What is happening?!?

4. Marissa Meyer.  The Lunar Chronicles books.  I haven't read a single one.  Oh, the shame.

5. Meg Cabot.  I can hear the collective gasp of shock from all my readers.

6. Holly Black... kinda.  I read Zombies vs. Unicorns, which an anthology edited by Holly Black & Justine Larbalestier.  But I haven't read any of her novels.  And I know: I should.

7. Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss books)

8. Scott Westerfeld.  But I want to.  All of his stuff is on my "to-read" list.

9. Ellen Hopkins (is she still popular?  I know she was almost a "required" teen read a little while back.)

10. Sarah Dessen.  But I'm not sure she's "my type."  I will give her a go eventually, I promise.

And then there are so many authors who I haven't read enough of.  Like Stephen Chbosky, Ally Carter, Jodi Picoult, Kami Garcia, Charles Dickens, Gillian Flynn, James Patterson... I've read one or two books by each, enough that I can't put them on my Top Ten list, but I definitely intend to (and need to) read more of.  

What about ya'll?  What popular authors have you not tried yet?  And how do you feel about it?  Are you proud that you're a lone ranger of reading, or are you shamed that you haven't picked one up yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment