Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!

Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession
Listed in no particular order (because I can't remember which came before which)!

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
1. The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh--purchased--she came and spoke at my library and I got so excited about her book, hearing her talk about it.  So I bought a copy then & there & got it autographed!  Haven't read it yet.

Firefly Book
2. The Fireflies Book by Brett Ortler--gift--I went camping with my family and some family friends in June to see a cool firefly event in the Great Smoky Mountains.  Books with further info are my fave souvenirs.  I might be an adult, but I don't turn down souvenir gifts from my fam!  Haven't read it yet.

Mug Meals: Delicious Microwave Recipes
3. Mug Meals by Dina Cheney--library--got this one not only for myself, but also for potential inspiration for programs for teen programs at the library.  Haven't read it yet.

Orthodoxy, By GK Chesterton (Annotated)
4. Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton--library--it's my church's book club reading for July.  If I go, the discussion is this evening.  I'm writing this post on Sat. night, and I still haven't started the book so... might not happen.

The Nightingale
5. The Nightingale by Kristen Higgins--library--as you know, I'm doing the PopSugar Reading Challenge.  My SIL recommended this as a potential for "book that made you cry."  We'll see!  Haven't read it yet.

Red: A History of the Redhead
6. Red: A History of the Redhead by Jacky Collis Harvey--library--don't need to explain this one, do I?  :)  Haven't read it yet.

New Moon (Twilight, #2)
7. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer--library--got this one on CD for the commute, and I just started it this weekend.  I really enjoyed the narration on the first book in the series, despite a few plot points making me feel squeevy, so I'm surprisingly looking forward to this one.

Daughter of Deep Silence
8. Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan--library--Carrie Ryan was at the same author event with Renee Ahdieh, and I want to try her book too!  Haven't read it yet, though.

Nimona
9. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson--library--a coworker highly recommended this one, and one of the front cover characters is a redhead!  Haven't read it yet.  Shameful; I also have Lumberjanes still sitting by my chair waiting to be read too.

Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era
10. Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era by James McPherson--bought by hubby--I totally "count" books the hubby buys because I end up reading them too!  I do let him read them first, though, so I haven't started this yet.

What about you?  What were the last ten books you brought into your home?  I love seeing everyone's lists; leave a link and I'll be sure to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read Nimona for a while! I love Graphic Novels. I've also heard excellent things about The Wrath and the Dawn. Have an excellent week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wrath & The Dawn is a popular one for this week though sadly I haven't got a copy yet (I want one so bad)!! I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight series, but maybe an Audio CD will be better? Also those mug meals look DELICIOUS!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    Also, please take the time to help me make my Blog better!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete