Friday, January 13, 2017

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore | Book Review

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)

Flashback Friday Review!

As I mentioned last week, I had discovered that I was missing reviews on Lorien Legacies books #1-#3, so I'm catching up now.  I was lazy back in 2012, and didn't bother to write a review of The Power of Six on Goodreads.  I did give it 4 of 5 stars, though.  Here's the official synopsis, so that we can keep up-to-date on the plot:

"I've seen him on the news.  Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio.  John Smith, out there, on the run.  To the world, he's a mystery.  But to me... he's one of us.  Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us-if we all still believe in our mission.  How can I know?  There are six of us left.  We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another... but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight.  Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for?  And what about Number Five and Six?  Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams?  The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine?  The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?  They caught Number One in Malaysia.  Number Two in England.  And Number Three in Kenya.  They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio- and failed.  I am Number Seven.  One of six still alive.  And I'm ready to fight."

*I checked out my copy of The Power of Six from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment