Friday, March 6, 2015

CraftFail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong by Heather Mann | Book Review

CraftFail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong

I'm giving CraftFail three of five stars.  Yes, I literally laughed out loud at parts of it.  And yes, I recommended it to a few people.  But I think I've gotten spoiled by the Pintester blog.  I just wanted a little more "meat" to this book.

And Heather does have a great blog by the same name that gives that meat.  I checked CraftFail out of my public library, and enjoyed it alright, but I couldn't imagine spending money on it.  The whole book is a series of pairs of photographs: first, the picture from the internet, then the picture of the real-world results.  And oh, how I sympathized with the poor creators of the failed crafts & baked goods!  I myself have been the victim of a craft that turns out nothing like the picture from Pinterest.

So, not a bad book at all.  Made me laugh out loud.  But left me wanting just a little more.

*I checked out my copy of CraftFail from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment