Friday, March 27, 2015

Eldest by Christopher Paolini | Audiobook Review

Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)

Flashback Friday Review!

I went to write a review of Inheritance and realized that I'd never posted reviews of the first three books in the series!  So I'll be posting Flashback Friday reviews of the first three books prior to a full-fleshed review of Inheritance.

I originally read Eldest in September 2013, and I gave it four of five stars.  This series gets better and better with each book!  And starting with Eldest, I switched from physical book to audiobook.  Fantasy is great for fantasy.  No worrying about how to pronounce all the nontraditional names of people and places.  And Gerard Doyle does such a great job with the narration!  He has spot-on cadence, and he does this fantastic deep gravelly voice for the dragons.  I couldn't imagine a dragon sounding any differently!

Here's the Goodreads synopsis:

Darkness falls...  Despair abounds...  Evil reigns...  Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire.  Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in magic and swordsmanship, the vital skills of the Dragon Rider.

It is the journey of a lifetime, filled with awe-inspiring new places and people, each day a fresh adventure.  But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and Eragon isn't sure whom he can trust.  Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle back home in Carvahall- one that puts Eragon in ever graver danger.  Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance?  Eragon may not escape with even his life.

A wonderful fantasy book.

*I checked out my copy of Eldest from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment