Friday, April 17, 2015

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor | Book Review

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
(I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the covers in this trilogy!)

Flashback Friday Review!

I originally read Days of Blood & Starlight in August 2013.  I gave it four of five stars on Goodreads, and I didn't write a review.  :/  If I had to guess, I'd say I probably knocked off that fifth star for the ending.  Laini Taylor really knows how to pull a reader into her world and then sweep the rug out from under our feet!  This isn't a bad thing; it's good that I get so involved with these characters.  But the cliffhangers!

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads, so that we're all caught up on plot before my review of Dreams of Gods & Monsters next Thursday:  Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought.  She knows who she is- and what she is.  But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo:  She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people.  Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle:  a battle for redemption.  For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

*I checked out my copy of Days of Blood & Starlight from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment