Friday, April 24, 2015

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson | Book Review

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)

Flashback Friday Review!

I just finished reading The Shadow Cabinet and realized that I'd never posted reviews of the first two books in the series!  I originally read The Name of the Star in May 2013 and I gave it 5 stars because there is SO MUCH AWESOME in this series!

(I do apologize for all the exclamation points.  I just can't contain the excitement!)

The Name of the Star has:
  • a main character from a small town in Louisiana (I love the deep south!)
  • a boarding school
  • London (I really want to visit someday)
  • Jack the Ripper
  • ghosts, both friendly and not-so-friendly
  • two really attractive-sounding guys, both with British accents
  • mystery
How could anyone resist?!?

*I checked out my copy of The Name of the Star from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment