Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!
Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Check in With
(These are characters who's books or series have ended, but I'd like to check in and see how they're doing.)
1. Anne from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. You had to know that would be on my list!
2. Hayduke from The Monkey Wrench Gang and Hayduke Lives! by Edward Abbey. Is he still running wild in the desert, or is he in jail?
3. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Days of Blood & Starlight, and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. Did she and Akiva ever get to just be a couple??
4. Juliet from The Madman's Daughter, Her Dark Curiosity, and A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd. In fact, I'd also love to check in with Elizabeth's servants too. Where did Juliet and Montgomery go after leaving the estate? And were the servants able to repair the mansion? I like to think that they opened up a school for orphaned girls there.
5. Lily from The Secret Lives of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I love that Lily got to stay with the ladies, but what happened next?
6. Jessica from The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. I was cheering SO HARD for Jessica by the end of this book! I was very much not ready for it to end. I'd love a follow up; maybe Jessica in college? Please?
7. Zora from The Wisdom of Hair by Kim Boykin. She had so much going against her, but yet she persevered. The book ended in such a way that it'd be really easy to continue the story.
8. Madelyne and Logan from The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller. Ohmygoodness the witty repartee between these guys! I would read an entire book more just of their conversations.
9. Ryan Dean West from Winger by Andrew Smith. This one may not count completely... I think I heard a rumor of a sequel. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) I fell head over heels for this adorable sometimes misguided puppy of a teen boy and then that ending (!!)... I just need to see how he's doing.
10. Junior from The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. Can we please have a follow-up were we follow Junior to college? I listened to this on audiobook and was literally laughing out loud. People next to me in traffic prob thought I was certifiable.
And there's probably many more that I forgot, but it's been a long day and I'm tired. I do enjoy reading others' lists, so please comment and leave your link and I'll definitely visit!