Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!

My Top Ten Five Auto-Buy Authors
'
So.... I don't actually buy too many books.  At least, not anymore.  Every so often I'll "find" a new-to-me author and fall in love and buy their whole backlist, like I did with Stephen King, Michael Crichton, and Edward Abbey, but mostly I'll buy one or two books from an author then move on.  And I get books as gifts, and they're not always part of a larger collection.  So these are my top five auto-buy authors!

1. Jan Karon.  I even pre-order her stuff.  And I don't pre-order anyone else!  (Her next book is due out in September!!!  SO. EXCITED.)

2. Stephen King.  Kinda.  He was a definite auto-buy for quite a while, but I must admit that I haven't bought his latest half dozen or so.  But there was a couple of years when I went on a King buying blitz and bought 40 or so.

3. Michael Crichton.  Was.  But he was still alive when I "discovered" him, and he was an auto-buy after that.  So now the hubby and I own every single one.  Even the screenplay Westworld.

4. Megan Shepherd.  LOVED The Madman's Daughter, met her just after Her Dark Curiosity was published, and auto-bought A Cold Legacy.  Proof that her books are awesome:  I bought the hardcovers even though they have deckled edges.  And I don't care at all for deckled edges.

5. J.K. Rowling:  the Harry Potter books.  When these were being released, I auto-bought them all in hardcover, within a week of their releases.  Haven't bought her new adult titles, though.

What about you?  What authors do you auto-buy?  Leave a link and I'll definitely visit!

3 comments:

  1. Great list!

    http://renee1-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Rowling and King on my list as well and have similar stories with them :) It is funny how that works sometime.
    I also am specific about King books.
    And while i have all of the Potter book right when they came out, and i do have Casual Vacancy -which i did not enjoy- it took me years to actually get another book by Rowling.
    I have actually never heard of Karon before. But i will look into her.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete