Monday, August 31, 2015

The World on a Plate: 40 Cuisines, 100 Recipes, and the Stories BehindThem by Mina Holland | Cookbook Review

The World on a Plate: 40 Cuisines, 100 Recipes, and the Stories Behind Them

Impressions While Reading:
VERY informative. Learned a lot. Cool to see the interconnectivity between different culture's cuisines.

No pictures of food. NONE. 

Only found 2 recipes to try. 

Lots of foreign-language names of ingredients and dishes... And no clues to pronunciation. :(

Author's pescatarian leanings come through loud & clear- lots of fish and vegetarian dishes; very little meat. She's honest about it though, so is it bad? Or ok?

Recipes I Tried:
Pickled Cucumber Salad: Delicious!  Cold, so perfect for summer.  Easy.

Tomato Salsa: FANTASTIC!  And the hubby and I have gone "real food" so I try to make as much of our food as possible from scratch, so it's awesome to have an easy salsa recipe to whip up for Taco Night.  :)

*I checked out my copy of The World on a Plate from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment