Monday, March 21, 2016

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #10)

Another good installment in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series!  I promise y'all:  someday I'll finish/catch up on this series and then you'll get to stop reading my reviews of the same people doing the same things.  Until then I will keep writing about them in hopes of convincing you to try this series too!

I'm continuing to do these as audiobooks, and there was just a moment of confused excitement for me when it was first introduced that Mma Ramotswe would be investigating a football team!  I'm a big (American) football fan.  (Go Panthers!)  Then it was brought to my attention that the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency is still based in Botswana, and they would be investigating a soccer team.  Oh well.  Still interesting!  I loved watching Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi figure out how to investigate a sports team when they had absolutely no prior knowledge of the sport.  Fortunately, Mma Ramotswe does have a six-year-old boy living with her.  :)

There is also a more serious note to this particular volume:  Mma Ramotswe's van is on it's last legs, so she must do her own investigative work on it, to find out if there's any way that it can be saved.  Also, Mma Makutsi feels that her mortal enemy, Violet Sephotho, is trying to steal her man.  I won't give any spoilers, but you'll be on the metaphorical edge of your seat waiting to find out what happens.  Or, well, as much edge-of-your-seat as you can be with a cozy mystery.

Overall, another good book.  It's #10 in the series, and I'm still hooked and totally not bored.  That's a good indicator!  The same narrator for the audiobook as the previous nine, who continues to do a great job.  I think at this point I'd hear her voice in my head if I tried to switch to print copies.

I still want to go to Botswana and hang out with Mma Ramotswe (if she was real)...

*I checked out my copy of Tea Time for the Traditionally Built from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment