Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog by clicking on the image above!

Top Five Book-to-Movie Adaptations
*These are my favorites, not all-time universal favorites
**Doing something different this week, and doing my Top Five Faves AND my Top Ten Dislikes!

Image result for lord of the rings movies
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  WOW.  I mean, they're not word-for-word true to the books, but they're pretty damn close.  And that's really impressive, considering all the fantasy elements!  The hubby and I re-watch all three extended versions every December.

Image result for anne of green gables movie
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, of course!

Image result for enders game movie
3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  I thought this one was really well done!  The hubby didn't even know it was based on a book, and really liked it.

Image result for muppets christmas carol
4. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  The Muppets do a really good job acting this one out.  ;)

Image result for hunger games movie
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  All three books, really.  They were so good that the hubby, who doesn't usually like YA-book-to-movie adaptations watched all four with me!  (He still won't say that they're "good," but he watched all four- why would you watch all four if you didn't think they were good?)

Top Five Worst Book-to-Movie Adaptations
*Again, just my humble opinion... not based on rating or box office sales or anything.
**In order of least worst to worst worst.  ;)

Image result for maze runner movie
1. The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  I was SO EXCITED to see this with the hubby.  He usually hates YA book-to-movie adaptations, but I was certain that the excitement of this book would make for a great movie.  I was wrong.  The director managed to mess it up.

Image result for les miserables movie
2. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.  Unfortunately, the actors chosen for the lead roles were really good at acting and not good at singing and they did a musical version anyway.  The hubby and I have a "rule" in our house that we read the book before we see the movie, so I wasted three weeks of my life reading an incredibly dense historic French novel just to be disappointed in the movie.

Image result for gone girl movie
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  I LOVED this book!  It was a super captivating page turner!  I talked it up to the hubby until he relented and watched it with me... and major disappointment ensued.  He thought it was terrible (I agreed) and my right to pick the movie on date night was revoked for three weeks.

Image result for twilight movie
4. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.  This one was a bad book to begin with, and the movie only made it worse.

Image result for tinker tailor soldier spy movie
5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John le Carre.  I don't like being made to feel stupid, and this movie made me feel stupid.  I couldn't follow what was going on at all.  Neither could hubby, and he's really smart.

And you?  What are your top favorite movies/book-to-movie adaptations or least favorites?  Leave me a comment and I'll come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment