Monday, February 13, 2017

Dead Men Don't Crochet by Betty Hechtman | Audiobook Review

Dead Men Don't Crochet (Crochet Mystery, #2)

Dead Men Don't Crochet is the second book in the Crochet Mystery cozy mystery series.  Y'all have heard of "cozy mysteries," right?  Murder mysteries minus any gore?  They're often lacking in sex and language, also, making these pretty safe books to hand to Grandma.  I enjoy them as little breaks in more intense reading.  Also, two of the first adult book series I ever read were cozy mysteries!  (Pennsylvania Dutch mysteries by Tamar Myers (and my first author meet-and-greet) and the "Cat Who" series by Lillian Jackson Braun.)

This cozy mystery series follows Molly Pink, an upper-middle-aged widow who manages events for a local bookstore, including leading the crochet group that meets there.  They make things to donate to local charities.  In her free time, she gets herself mixed up in murder mysteries around town.  

In this volume, there's been a murder in a local shop, and one of the Tarzana Hookers is suspected of the murder!  Molly jumps right in with investigating.  Hijinks ensue.  These cozy mysteries are a little predictable... but that's ok.  That's why they're cozy!

I can't resist this little teaser:  while dead men do not, in fact, crochet... some very unexpected men do!  You won't believe what man ends up crocheting in Dead Men Don't Crochet.  ;)

I listened to the audiobook version of Dead Men Don't Crochet.  I didn't really connect with the narrator... I can't put my finger on anything in particular that was wrong, but it just wasn't quite right, either.  Maybe it's just me.

*I checked out my copy of Dead Men Don't Crochet from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment