Friday, February 10, 2017

Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman | Book Review

Hooked on Murder (Crochet Mystery, #1)

Flashback Friday Review!

Hooked on Murder is the first book in a cozy mystery series, and I read it in September 2010.  I just now went to review the second book in the series and realized that I'd never reviewed the first book here on the blog.  Y'all know how thorough I like to be, so I wanted to pause for a moment to catch you up on the first book.

I gave the book four of five stars and didn't write a review.  So here's the official back-of-the-book synopsis!  Molly Pink is about to discover the joys of crochet.  It's a relaxing escape from her hectic life as a bookstore event manager... and from the stress of being Tarzana, California's latest murder suspect.  For Molly, the weekly crochet group at Shedd & Royal Books and More was just another event to manage.  Then she stumbled across the body of group leader Ellen Sheridan.  Her complicated past with Ellen has made her a prime suspect, and after being cuffed and questioned, she could use a little diversion.  Never mind that she doesn't know how to crochet.  Granny squares don't look that hard to make.  But while Molly's fending off a detective with a grudge and navigating crochet group politics, the real killer is at large.  And it's up to Molly to catch the culprit before she winds up in a tight knot.  Delicious recipe and crochet pattern included!

*I own my copy of Hooked on Murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment