Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Envy by Anna Godbersen | Audiobook Review

Envy (Luxe, #3)

With Envy, the third book in the Luxe series, we are back to DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.  Forget love triangles- we've got love dodecahedrons in this one.  At one point I considered whether or not I should pull out pen and paper to make a diagram so that I could remember who loved whom.  

Don't fret- it didn't end up being necessary.  I was able to keep up.  These books aren't terribly deep; no water floaties required.  lol  This is more of a guilty pleasure type of read.  They've got love and scheming and ballgowns and gossip.  All the characters are young and fearless.  (They may all be a couple tacos short of a combo platter too...)  Definitely entertaining; definitely brain-cell-killing.

We see a lot of Penelope in Envy.  Every series has to have that character that everyone can rally around hating, and Penelope is it.  She's the worst!  She's almost a caricature of her own type, she's so bad.

I'm still rooting for Elizabeth and Diana in this book; Diana seems to actually have a sensible head on her shoulders, and Elizabeth seems to have matured on her trip out west.  Too bad they're still stuck in the society circus in NYC!  At least we readers get to enjoy the show.

I listened to the audiobook of Envy.  There's not really anything fantastic to mention about it, but nothing to complain about either.

*I checked out my copy of Envy from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment