Thursday, February 16, 2017

Super Baby Food: Absolutely Everything You Should Know About Feeding Your Baby and Toddler From Starting Solid Foods to Age Three Years by Ruth Yaron | Book Review

Super Baby Food: Absolutely Everything You Should Know about Feeding Your Baby and Toddler from Starting Solid Foods to Age Three Years

My sister-in-law recommended this book, and I'm so glad she did!!  It's a fantastic resource!  I was quite nervous about introducing solid foods to my first-born kidlet because I had no clue what I was doing.  This book explains baby nutrition in easy-to-understand language.  When you first get your hands on a copy, you might feel a little intimidated- it's pretty thick.  But it's a resource.  You don't have to read it cover to cover.  (I did, but I'm a literary weirdo.)  There are easy-to-find sections on nutrition, what to feed your baby each month, and recipes.  There's also a section on food/feeding safety.  I definitely made a note of what foods to introduce each month, and followed that as a guide for many months.  Now, you will still want to check with your pediatrician- the book recommended introducing eggs at 8 months, but my pediatrician wanted me to wait till 1 year.  But I found the guide super helpful for brainstorming what fruits and veggies to introduce my kidlet to.  I never would've thought to puree asparagus for him, and he ended up loving that!  There are detailed instructions on how to cook and puree foods for your little one, and even some super simple "recipes" for toddler food.  Of course there's also the instructions for making Super Porridge.  I think a lot of people know about Super Porridge- I saw YouTube videos of various celeb moms talking about it and/or demonstrating how to make it.  I never got good at it, but I'm not the most patient cook!  I definitely recommend this helpful guide to feeding your baby solid foods.

*I checked out my copy of Super Baby Food from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment