Thursday, October 2, 2014

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson with Maxine Paetro | Book Review

(A very cool cover, but I've never felt like it quite fits the tone of the book.  This screams "shoot'em up" action, but it's more of a mystery.  Just saying.)

Throwback Thursday Review!

I originally read Confessions of a Murder Suspect in October 2012 and I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads, but I didn't write a review.  Hm.  I loved this book intensely.  I recommend it to teens all the time.  And I couldn't be bothered to write a review detailing all the ways I loved it?  I just finished the sequel, The Private School Murders, and loved it intensely too.  There's a reason why James Patterson is so popular; he just writes so darn well!

Here's the Goodreads, synopsis, which I feel definitely does credit to the book:  James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family... and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.

On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: she was the last person to see her parents alive.  The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings.  She can't trust anyone - maybe not even herself.

Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged.  Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her parents' affairs is a dangersou - and revealing - game.  Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?

This book is fast-paced, exciting, and well-written.  It comes to a definite, satisfying ending while still leaving enough story to set up the sequel.  It's clean of cussing and loving.  It's pretty gender-neutral.  It's damn near perfect.

*I received my copy of Confessions of a Murder Suspect from my public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment