Friday, May 15, 2015

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith | Audiobook Review

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency  (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #1)

Flashback Friday Review!

I will be reviewing The Tears of the Giraffe on Monday, but I wanted to be thorough and post my review of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency first.  I originally listened to it in May 2010, and I gave it 5 of 5 stars.

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:  Precious Ramotswe in Botswana sits in the shade and ponders the wisdom of her cattle farmer father, observes her neighbors, and cares for employers and subjects with humor. A clinic doctor has two different personalities depending on the day of the week. A Christian sect member vanishes. A witch doctor may have the bones of a kidnapped boy in his magic kit.

I thought the main character, Precious Ramotswe, was very well-developed, and I enjoyed the setting, in Botswana.  The narrator spoke clearly, but was a little slow-paced for my taste.  Not slow enough to make me give up on the CDs, though.

*I checked out my copy of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment