Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Miss Kay Celebrating Family &Friends: Recipes for Every Month of the Year by Kay Robertson WithChrys Howard | Cookbook Review

The Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Celebrating Family and Friends: Recipes for Every Month of the Year

First Impressions on Read-Through:
Very full menu of about a dozen recipes for each month! Apps, mains, sides, grains, desserts.

Only about every third or fourth recipe is photographed.  Bummer.

True holidays, like Christmas, Mother's Day, etc. plus "holidays" like family reunions, baby/bridal showers, summer picnics.

Approximately 2-page intro to each month: memories, how the food ties to the event of the month, kitchen tips, Gospel.

Scripture at start of each chapter.  Yay!

All recipes sounded WONDERFUL but not many are very healthy.

Recipe I Tried:
Snap Beans with New Potatoes:  pretty good, but made a ton, and the beans were pretty soggy.  Perhaps cooks' error?

Overall:
I'd definitely recommend to Duck Commander fans, even if just for the family memories backgrounds to the recipes and the Scripture tie-ins, but I don't know that I'd recommend this to someone just casually looking for a general cookbook.

*I checked out my copy of The Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Miss Kay Celebrating Family & Friends from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment