Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Bird in the Hand: Chicken Recipes for Every Day and Every Mood byDiana Henry | Cookbook Review


First Impressions Upon Read-Through:
Gorgeous, hardcover cookbook!  Could even be a display piece.

Not spiral bound, but it does lay open pretty well.

Matte pages with about half of the recipes photographed.  Gorgeous, gorgeous, hunger-enducing photographs!

Unfortunately, plenty of recipes calling for ingredients that I just don't keep around, including quite a few references to Indian or Moroccan ingredients.  The author is British; perhaps some of these things are easier to find there than in the American South (where I am)?

Recipes I Tried:
Chicken with Thyme and Lemon and Smashed Garlic Potatoes: chicken as excellent, with crispy skin & juicy insides. Potatoes were mediocre. Not bad, but not as good as another recipe I already have for garlicky potatoes. 

*I checked out my copy of A Bird in the Hand from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment