Friday, February 5, 2016

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis | Book Review

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia, #1)

This was at least my second read-through of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe... I only have a Goodreads record of one other reading, but I'd guess this was actually #3 or #4.  Such a good book!  This time I re-read it concurrently with Advent in Narnia.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the story of four siblings who discover an alternate world accessible through an old wardrobe in an old house.  While there, they discover that they fulfill an ancient prophecy, and they help Aslan the lion defeat the White Witch and save Narnia (the alternate world).

In this short children's book you'll find centaurs and fauns and good magic and bad magic and heroic deeds and a benevolent giant lion.  You'll rediscover wonder and awe from your own childhood.

I highly recommend this book (and the rest of the series) to everyone school-age and up!

*I own my copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment