Friday, January 17, 2014

Did You Ever Wonder?

I was a HUGE fan of The Baby-Sitters Club book series when I was a kid.  I'm pretty sure I read all 100+ books and I had the Super Editions and the Holiday Editions and I watched the movies... obsessed.  I might have even read them more than once. 

Now that I'm adult, though, I would read book reviews that mentioned the books and I was often struck by that lack of an apostrophe in the "baby-sitters" part of the series title.  Anyone else?  It was just a twinge; just a hint that something may be off.  But I wasn't sure. 

One of the many book review blogs that I read near-daily because I think it's awesome is Bookshelves of Doom.  Ya'll need to go check it out:  great book reviews plus so much more.  The author is also on Etsy (yay fellow crafter!) and she tracks a lot of banned books happenings (yay Freedom to Read defender!)  This past week she had a lovely post about The Baby-Sitters and their lack of an apostrophe.  She found the explanation!  It's perfect.

Click through; you won't be disappointed!  (C'mon, you know you want to know about that pesky apostrophe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment