Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out. 

Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

 
Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
I read the first two books in this trilogy and am SO EXCITED for the finale!


Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I read one really good review of this book and instantly wanted it.  I'm on the request list for it with my library.  It's based on Beauty and the Beast.


Untitled by Maggie Stiefvater
The third book in the Raven Cycle trilogy.  I haven't even read the second one yet but I loved loved loved the first one and I've caught the fervor fever surrounding the release of the third one.


Burn by Julianna Baggott
I have been oh-so-not-patiently for Burn since about a week after Fuse.  I was totally hooked by Pure and immediately requested Fuse from the library so I'd be one of the first to get it.  I devoured that over a weekend and immediately requested Burn and it's been KILLING ME to know what happens next!


The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson
Another one that I have been totally impatient about!  I loved loved loved The Name of the Star so I read The Madness Underneath the week it was released and now I've been DYING to know what happens next!


Landline by Rainbow Rowell
I LOVED Eleanor & Park and LOVED LOVED LOVED Fangirl... now she's coming out with a grown up book and I intend to read the crap out of it!


Infinite by Jodi Meadows
I only got into this trilogy a few weeks ago, so I haven't had to be patient between books.  :)  Total disclosure: I was invited to read these for work and so I did and then I saw the covers and well, that's all, folks!  Aren't they gorgeous covers?  And great stories.  I have an awesome job.


Divergent
I can be excited about the debut of a movie, right?  Because I'm trembling like a wet chihuahua in anticipation of this one.


Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
N & I are always excited for whatever Stephen King releases.  I know nothing about this one, but I know we'll own it.



Untitled by John Green
No title.  No release date.  Just a casual mention that he'll have a new book out in 2014.  The gif above sums up my feelings about this.  So. Excited.


What are you excited for in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment