This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish. They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well. Totally worth checking out.
Top Ten Worlds That I Would Never Want to Live In, or Top Ten Characters I'd Never Want to Trade Places With
1. Juliet Moreau, on the island of Dr. Moreau--I just finished writing my review of The Madman's Daughter (look for it very soon!) and I would never, ever, ever want to trade places with her. Very chilling thrilling book.
2. Any Stephen King character--There's not many positives to being a resident of Castle Rock, ME.
3. Katniss Everdeen--I know... EVERYONE participating in this particular Top Ten Tuesday is going to use this answer. But it's true: I definitely do not want to trade places with Katniss.
4. Lela Santos from Sanctum by Sarah Fine--She's in Hell. Yes, on purpose, to save her friend, but still: HELL.
5. Either of the parents in Defending Jacob by William Landay--I'd hate to ever be put in the position where someone I love is accused of such a heinous crime.
6. Pressia's world, in Pure, Fuse, or Burn. Man, is it desolate. And seeing the fused people might creep me out a bit.
7. WWII Europe--from Elizabeth Wein's books. Concentration camp would totally break me.
8. Melody from Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper--What an incredible frustration it would be to think "normally" but be so physically handicapped as to be unable to express your thoughts to the world.
9. Room from Room by Emma Donoghue--Definitely definitely definitely don't want to go there.
10. The ocean from Jamrach's Menagerie by Carol Birch--I can't think of many (realistic) worse places to be than a small boat lost at sea. (Realistic meaning not dystopian/post-apocalyptic/sci-fi.) I get anxious, I get seasick.... just no good.
What about ya'll? Any worlds you'd never ever want to visit? Any characters you'd never ever want to switch places with?