Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out.

This week's Top Ten was hard.  I don't read many books that are all about the tender loving moments!

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon

1. A Time to Love by Barbara Cameron--Honestly don't remember too much about this except it was a stereotypical romance, so kind of predictable.  No sexy times, which is also nice.  I have an imagination; it makes me blush when authors write out the bedroom details.

2. Spanish Holiday by Kate Cann--Don't remember a ton about this one either (I read these first two years ago, and they were on my very spare "Lovey Dovey" Goodreads shelf) but that it was light & fun.  Main character is in college, so I'd classify it "New Adult."  Slightly sexier than A Time to Love but still no details, thank God.

3. The Art of Courtly Love by Andreas Capellanus (This was actually required reading for some medieval literature class I took in college and I loved it!  It's all these "rules" for courting someone, from the 1500s.  Capellanus covers every scenario imaginable, from a knight courting a lady to a man of the cloth wooing a servant girl.  Fantastic.)

4. The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio (Required reading from the same college course.  Again, I LOVED it!  It's a collection of 100 short stories about romance, originally written in the 1500s.)

5. Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews--This is actually the fourth book in a series, and all of them have lighthearted fun little romance aspects to them.  They're sweet, not steamy and that's how I prefer my literary romances.

6. The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal--The romances in this one are a bit messed up.  You know, like married people sleeping around.  But they're royals, so they do what they want and then all end up with syphilis and then go crazy.  You get what you pay for.

7. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller--This romance is so tender and sweet!  I fell head over heels for the guy.  He's real and he's got great personality and the dialogue between the characters was just so great.

8. Delirium by Lauren Oliver--In a world where love is forbidden (and even viewed as a "disease" to be "cured"), what's sweeter than two people falling in love?

9. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (actually the second book in a trilogy, but this is where we see the character development of the hottie)  Perry sounds So. Hot. in the descriptions.  He's all ripped from living off the land and fighting and hunting and he's got tattoos and he's a leader (power is sexy).

10. Tarnish by Katherine Longshore--Who doesn't love a good royal court romance?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment