Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend PinTest #2: Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

Has anyone else been sucked into the vortex of Pinterest quite as much as I have?  I mean, other than the craft blog ladies.  Ya'll, I could lose hours of my life browsing that site.  A couple months ago I realized, though, that I was pinning much more than I was doing.  So now my goal is to try at least one pin from my boards every weekend.  Some weeks I attempt upwards of two or three!  I know:  my life is very exciting.

So my first Weekend PinTest was over a month ago.  Eeps.  I really will try to  be better about that in the future!  Can we blame it on me still being so new to blogging?  Still getting into the habits?  ;)

Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

How it is supposed to look:
Cookie dough greek yogurt! Just add 1 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter, 1 tsp. of honey, 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbsp. of miniature chocolate chips and a dash of sea salt.  (I did it & it's GREAT! I will def repeat this often. My modifications: left out the vanilla extract b/c I used Vanilla Greek yogurt and I left out the sea salt b/c I forgot. Still absolutely delicious, and mostly tastes like cookie dough! -mh)
(Image taken straight off Pinterest.)

How mine ended up looking:
Displaying photo 4.JPG
(Not too shabby at all.  I mean, my chocolate chips are mixed in so they're not as visible and mine is paler, but otherwise I feel like it was pretty spot-on.)

Here are the instructions, which are right in the Pin itself, no need to click through:  

Cookie dough greek yogurt! Just add 1 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter, 1 tsp. of honey, 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbsp. of miniature chocolate chips and a dash of sea salt.


I get up only early enough to get to work on time, no extras.  Breakfast is eaten at my desk.  So I did my Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt in two parts.  First, I put the peanut butter and honey in a tupperware bowl.
Displaying photo 1.JPG

Then I added the chocolate chips.  The instructions say to add 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips.  I added a "mounded high" rounded tbsp of regular-size chips.  Because that's how I roll.
Displaying photo 2.JPG

Then I packed the tupperware bowl and a single-serve container of Vanilla Greek Yogurt in my lunch bag and off I went to work!  
Displaying photo 3.JPG

I had two modifications to the original pin:  first, I purposefully omitted the 1/4 tsp vanilla extract because I was going to be using vanilla Greek yogurt.  It looks like the original Pinner was using plain Greek yogurt.  Second, I omitted the sea salt because I forgot. 

My verdict is: YUMMY.  It really does taste very similar to cookie dough!  And it's all healthy ingredients (except the chocolate chips) so I don't feel even a twidge of guilt eating it for breakfast.

What are ya'll digging on Pinterest this week?

Here's a link to my Pinterest board "Been There Done That" where you'll find all the Pins I've tested... successfully and not-so-successfully:  Click Here

The Pin claims to have originated from the blog adesiretoinspire.blogspot.com, but I couldn't find it on there.  Maybe you can.  Or maybe it's an orphan pin.  If you find the original post or if you are the originator of the Pin, please let me know and I'll give you much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment