Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out.

Top Ten Authors or Characters I Wish Had Twitter Accounts

This one was hard because I actually DO follow many favorite authors on Twitter!  So I guess maybe I'll go with characters?  Some of the favorite authors I follow include Megan Shepherd and Stephen King and Laini Taylor and Ayn Rand and C.S. Lewis.

1. Father Tim from the Mitford series by Jan Karon.  I totally saved one of the best for last. My mom and I read the Mitford books together when I was a young teen and not really fitting in at school but we had Mitford to escape to.  And Mitford was always perfect and comfortable and quaint and I love Father Tim so much.

2. Anne from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery.  I literally read my first copy of Anne of Green Gables TO PIECES as a child and had to get a replacement copy.  I just love Anne!  She's so so so spunky and fun and yet also so dramatic and funny... and a fellow redhead.  :)

3. Velva Jean from the Velva Jean trilogy by Jennifer Niven.  My mom and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE these books.  I loved the first one, Velva Jean Learns to Drive right away and then when my mom read it and loved it too and we got to book-gush over it together... it was magic.  I think that makes books even more special to me, when I share them with people I love.

4. Sam Gamgee from the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.  I just have this feeling that he'd have this lovely droll sense of humor, and his loyalty to his friends is FIERCE.

5. Barbara Parry, author of Adventures in Yarn Farming: Four Seasons on a New England Fiber Farm.  I haven't actually checked on this; maybe she does have a Twitter.  If she does I need to follow it.  Her book was insightful and so well-written and full of adorable pictures of lambs and llamas and gorgeous pictures of her lovely farm and graceful sheep.

6. John Charming from Charming by Elliott James.  I read this last year and I laughed out loud for the entire book and I fell head-over-heels in love with it and yet I'm having trouble convincing others that they MUST read it too.  Maybe if he had a Twitter for me to enjoy and retweet from I could spread the gospel of Charming.

7. Ann Galardi from 45 Pounds (More or Less) by K.A. Barson.  When I read this book last fall I fell SO HARD for Ann!  I was cheering out loud for her.  She has so much spunk and confidence; I just know that if she weren't fictional she'd grow up to be President or something.

8. Weezie from the Southern series by Mary Kay Andrews.  She's not much older than me; she runs an antiques shop in Savannah; she spends her spare time going "junking" with her best friend; she has a cute goofy dog; she just got married.

9. Mo Fitzgerald from the Bound trilogy by Erica O'Rourke.  A dad and an uncle in the Mob; life in Chicago; life at a private Catholic girls' school; magic; occasional midnight trips to New Orleans.

10. The Town of Scarletville from Red by Allison Cherry.  I'd love to keep up with their events and town goings-ons.  For obvious reasons:  I'm a redhead myself.

What about ya'll?  Which characters or authors do you wish had Twitter accounts?

No comments:

Post a Comment