Thursday, May 22, 2014

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi | Book Review


Throwback Review!

This is another trilogy that I'm trying to backwards-catch-up-on on this blog.  I've posted reviews of Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue (Books 2 and 3 in the trilogy) but then I realized I never posted my review of Under the Never Sky.  Guess what?  I went back to Goodreads (where I did all my reviewing before starting this blog) and I have no review!  I gave this book 2 of 5 stars and wrote NOTHING.  ARGH.  So.  Frustrated.  With.  Myself.  I ended up loving Books 2 & 3; what went wrong with #1?  Maybe I read it during a week that I really wasn't in the mood for it?  I read it because Veronica Rossi was coming to visit my library with a group of YA authors to talk to our teens.  Maybe I gave it less of a review because I was under pressure to read all these books by all these authors so quickly?  Looking back, I didn't really give great reviews to any of the authors' books I read for this program.  My bad.  But here's Goodreads' synopsis/review, so that you at least have the plot before you read my full, enthusiastic, positive reviews of the second and third books in the trilogy:

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment