Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out!

Top Ten Books I Really Want to Read But Don't Own Yet

I don't actually buy that many books.  I use my library pretty heavily, and leave the book-buying for books that I know will stand the test of time, or buy books that I then give away as gifts.  So I'm going to change this week's topic slightly to:

Top Five Books I Really Want to Read But Don't Have in 

My Possession Yet

Whether it be through library request, ARC, or purchase, these are the top five books I can't wait to get my hands on!  (I'm pretty busy this week and could only think of five off the top of my head.)

1. Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good by Jan Karon.  I feel like I've been waiting for this for a decade!  Oh wait... I have actually been waiting 10 years... Jan Karon, why did you make us wait so long???

2. A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd.  Love, love, love The Madman's Daughter trilogy, and can't wait to see how it wraps up!  I own the second book in the trilogy, Her Dark Curiosity, but I am waiting for a sale to buy myself The Madman's Daughter.  I do actually plan to purchase A Cold Legacy since I own the first two.

3. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.  I'm breaking all the Top Ten guidelines, aren't I?  I've already read and reviewed this one.  I loved it!  And I already own The Shining so I'd like to own Doctor Sleep too.

4. Daring by James Elliott.  I'm on the holds list for this at my library.  Charming was my first ever urban fantasy novel and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.  Super excited for the second book in the series!

5. Batter Off Dead and The Death of Pie by Tamar Myers.  These are books 17 and 19 from her Pennsylvania Dutch mystery series.  I started reading this cozy mystery series when I was a young teen and Tamar Myers was the first author I ever met.  I've tried to keep up with the series ever since.  Somehow I skipped book 17 and read book 18.  I own all of the others in the series, so I'll probably try to get a good Amazon deal on these two too.

What about you?  What are the next ten books you want to buy and read?

No comments:

Post a Comment