Saturday, November 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Team Tynga's Reviews.  You can find their blog here:  www.tyngasreviews.com.  This weekly meme, which Tynga's team posts on Saturdays, is all about sharing the books that you received or purchased over the previous week.  Feel free to leave a comment with a link to your own Stack!  I love seeing what others are excited about.

New/Purchased

Proof of Angels by Mary Curran Hackett- a Christmas story!

Library
Loop by Karen Akins- I did a guest post with her on tyngasreviews, and wanted to read her book!
Compulsion by Martina Boone- the author is coming to my library on Tuesday, and I had hoped to read her book beforehand.  Ooops.
Zentangle Untangled: Inspiration and Prompts for Meditative Drawing by Kass Hall- I'm leading a library program on zentangles later this month.  Super excited; I have some really talented teen artists who regularly visit my branch!
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand- I just bought this for my hubby for his birthday, but my sister-in-love made it sound so good that I picked up a library copy for myself!
U2: The Definitive Biography by John Jobling- the hubby is a diehard U2 fan, and I want to know more so that we can talk about them.
Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline- both my mom and my sister-in-love highly recommended this to me, so it's got to be fantastic!
One Zentangle a Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun by Beckah Krahula- another "research" book for work.
The Beauty of Zentangle: Inspirational Examples From 137 Tangle Artists Worldwide by Suzanne McNeill with Cindy Shepard- another "research" book for work.
Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being by Suzanne McNeill with Sandy Steen Bartholomew and Marie Browning- another "research" book for work.
The Big Book of Sides: More Than 450 Recipes for the Best Vegetables, Grains, Salads, Breads, Sauces, and More by Rick Rodgers- I should have expected this, with it proclaiming to contain 450+ recipes, but there are practically no pictures.  I'll still look through it and try a few, but ya'll know I really prefer pictures in my cookbooks.
Artful Christmas: 30 Elegant Craft Projects by Susan Wasinger- yup; it's already that time: time to start thinking of Christmas decor!  And maybe see if there's a "seasonal" (secular) craft to share with the teens!
Mint Juleps With Teddy Roosevelt: The Complete History of Presidential Drinking by Mark Will-Weber- just look at that title.  You know you want to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment