Monday, November 17, 2014

The Book of Not so Common Prayer: A New Way to Pray, a New Way to Live by Linda McCullough Moore | Book Review

(Love this cover!  Simple and pretty.)

I absolutely loved this slender little tome.  The author starts with a seemingly big proposition: a challenge to set aside 15 minutes four times a day to pray.  I immediately started thinking about my day, and how that would never work.  But then as the book goes on, Linda talks about all the different ways to pray and praise God.  And think about it:  if you can keep appointments for the dentist or for your kids' sports games, why can't you keep an appointment with God?  I also love reading how enriched the author's life becomes as she spends this extra time with God.  I finished the book super motivated to increase my prayer time.  So the book is effective!  I'm sorry this review is so short, but it really is a short book.  Lots of great ideas and resources and motivation.  I definitely recommend this book.

*I checked out my copy of The Book of Not so Common Prayer from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment