Friday, November 14, 2014

Watch Out, Hollywood! More Confessions of So-Called Middle Child by Maria T. Lennon | Book Review


The sequel to Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child is just as short, which is good, because I still don't care for the main character, Charlie.  It's hard to like a book when I don't like the main character.  Charlie may not be a bully anymore, but she's still manipulative and still puts her own desires above everyone else's.  Her voice... the reader is in her head, so we hear all her mean thoughts about the people around her.  Zero respect for her parents or teachers, and she's downright mean to her sister still.  

I do think that we see a little more character growth in Charlie this go-round, so that's good.  She's already dropped the bullying... now if she can just stop manipulating!  I also liked seeing growth in her relationship with Pen in this volume.  Oh, and her voice is very realistic.  There are pre-teens who sound just like Charlie, and a lot of kids at this age are still kinda self-involved.  It's just natural.  I just wish that she was slightly more respectful or nicer.

*I own my copy of Watch Out, Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment