Friday, June 19, 2015

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater | Book Review

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)

Flashback Friday Review!

I originally read The Raven Boys in November 2012, and I'm doing a little recap before I review the sequel, The Dream Thieves, next week.

On Goodreads I gave The Raven Boys 3 of 5 stars and didn't write anything down.  Oh, how my past vexes me!  Why?  Why didn't it get at least 4 stars?  Hindsight is 20/20, right?  And my remembrances of it are much fonder than 3 stars.  This series is really unique; teens looking for a long-lost Welsh king.  It's got magical ley lines and logic and boarding school and a ghost-boy and Southern setting.  The female protagonist, Blue, is an awesome bit of feistiness.  All four main characters are rich and totally 3D and amazing.  That's a big feather in Stiefvater's hat; she manages to make a ghost-boy complex and real!

I definitely recommend that folks try this series.  And look for my review of The Dream Thieves next Thursday!

*I borrowed my copy of The Raven Boys from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment