Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!
Ten Five Childhood Characters I'd Like to Revisit as Adults
The way this was explained on The Broke and the Bookish (at least as I understood it): these are the top ten child characters from childhood books that I'd like to revisit in a novel or novella telling how their adult life is going.
*And I only have a top five because I have a 10-day-old who is sapping my ability to think straight. Seriously: I have to write down the last times both of us eat in order to remind myself to feed us again a few hours later.
1. Anne from the Anne of Green Gables series. Yeah, this one is a bit of a cheat, because the series does go through her adult life. But I love the whole series and never pass up an opportunity to recommend it on a Tuesday!
2. Felicity from the Felicity series by Valerie Tripp. I had the Felicity doll growing up, and loved these books too! She was the redheaded one out of the original historic doll collection.
3. Christopher Robin from Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. I wonder if he passed his toys down to his kids when he grew up?
4. Meg from A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.
5. The members of The Babysitters Club from the eponymous series by Ann M. Martin. With how immensely popular these books were with the current millennial generation, why oh why hasn't a follow-up grown-up series been written yet?!? You know we'd buy them!
And you? What favorite characters from your childhood would you like to catch up with in adulthood? Leave a link and I'll stop by your blog too! I love seeing what others are reading.