Saturday, September 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Team Tynga's Reviews.  You can find their blog here:  www.tyngasreviews.com.  This weekly meme, which Tynga's team posts on Saturdays, is all about sharing the books that you received or purchased over the previous week.  Feel free to leave a comment with a link to your own Stack!  You can definitely tell that I started letting myself buy/request books again, now that my summer re-read project is finished.  And check it out!  An autographed copy of Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good!!!  I'm such a Jan Karon fan.

egalley/ARC

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas
Undead With Benefits by Jeff Hart: the hubby and I have recently gotten into zombies (namely, The Walking Dead) so I'm excited to try this humorous zombie duology.  I need to read Eat, Brains, Love first, though.
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King: so you're probably going to think I'm so weird, but I was drawn to this book by it's title.  I have a fave movie titled The History of Future Folk and this title is similar.  And I've heard great things about King, but have never read anything of her's.  This might be a good starting point.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: I have heard the Hallelujah Chorus sung over this book so many times!  Can't wait to try it myself!
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Positive by Paige Rawl with Ali Benjamin:  I think this one will break my heart.  True story of a teen girl with HIV who is bullied but comes out of the experience stronger.

Feral by Holly Schindler: I've heard a lot of praise, but I'm not really sure it's my type of book.  Definitely going to give it a try, though.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stifvater:  SO EXCITED!!!  I loved The Raven Boys and need to get on The Dream Thieves so that I can read this!
We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist:  no clue what this is about, but it looks like it might be lol funny, which I always love.
Wildlife by Fiona Wood: looks sweet and quick.


New
Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good by Jan Karon: AUTOGRAPHED!!!
Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child by Maria T. Lennon
Watch Out, Hollywood! More Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child by Maria T. Lennon: I'm going to read these two and then see if my niece wants them.  Yay books to gift!
Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails by Eric Prum with Josh Williams: I've already had this book for about a week and I've already tried 3 cocktails!  Look for a review very soon!



Library
(Who doesn't love free books?  Go use your library!)
Glitterville's Handmade Christmas: A Glittered Guide for Whimsical Crafting by Stephen Brown:  why did I order this?  I'm not usually a fan of glitter.  But I am a fan of crafting... maybe that's it.  Or maybe to preview before gifting to my sis, who loves glitter and Christmas?
Killer Instinct by S.E. Green: I will be meeting S.E. Green in Nov; thought it was a good idea to read her book first!
Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon: I can't wait to go back and read the two in-between Father Tim books!  But I will probably return this library copy and just buy it for myself.

One + One Wraps, Cowls & Capelets: 29 Projects From Just Two Skeins by Iris Schreier: love crafty books!
Law and Disorder: Absurdly Funny Moments From the Courts by Charles M. Sevilla: I think this will make me equal parts amused and scared...
Will it Waffle? Yes, it Will! 53 Irresistible and Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron by Daniel Shumski: I'm thinking there may be a teen library program in this!

OCD, the Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn: the hubby LOVES The Big Lebowski, and the girl on the cover has curly red hair.  It's like the book needs to be read by me!
On Folly Beach by Karen White: I'm going to read this while on vacation in Charleston next month.  Isn't that fantastic?  A book recommendation from the sister-in-love that matches settings with my vacay!
Retronaut: The Photographic Time Machine by Chris Wild: I've already started looking through this and it's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment