This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish. They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well. Totally worth checking out!
Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List
This fall I'm working on cleaning up my library check-out stack and my stack of ARCs. These may not be the newest, shiniest, books, but they're what I'll be reading!
1. Compulsion by Martina Boone, Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little, A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, The Body Electric by Beth Revis, Skylark by Meagan Spooner, Shadowlark by Meagan Spooner, and Lark Ascending by Meagan Spooner. I will be meeting these authors in November and want to have read their latest beforehand. I just kind of feel that's the polite thing to do, right?
2. Good Manners for Nice People Who Sometimes Say F*ck by Amy Alkon. This is the very next book I'm going to read. It's actually overdue back to the library...
3. Home to Holly Springs and In the Company of Others by Jan Karon. I did a big re-read of all nine Mitford books over the summer and then read Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good when it was released this month; now I need to go back and read these two books, which fall in between Mitford #9 and Mitford #10.
4. On Folly Beach by Karen White. The sister-in-love recommended this to me. Also, the hubby and I are going on vacay to Charleston this fall, and that's where the book is set. I plan to read On Folly Beach on Folly Beach. ;)
5. Climate Changed: A Personal Journey Through the Science by Philippe Squarzoni. My aunt recommended this to me and I checked it out of the library... then I didn't read it. Yet. I promise I'm getting to it!
6. Al Capone Shines My Shoes and Al Capone Does My Homework by Gennifer Choldenko. I've got these on audiobook and I'm super excited to hang out with Moose again!
7. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I've heard such great things about this one! Time to move it out of my stack-o-ARCs!
8. Eat, Brains, Love and Undead With Benefits by Jeff Hart. I just received an ARC of Undead With Benefits, so I need to go back and read Eat, Brains, Love first. The hubby and I love The Walking Dead and I love humorous books, so I think these will be a winner for me.
9. The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I read The Raven Boys when it first came out and loved it! Then I got distracted and missed reading The Dream Thieves. I just got an ARC of Blue Lily, Lily Blue, so I need to get caught up with this trilogy!
10. OCD, the Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn. I know this is older, but I still really want to read it. It's one of my impulse check-outs from the library. The hubby loves loves loves The Big Lebowski and the girl on the cover has curly red hair (like me!) so I think this is a must-read for me!
Yup: I'm aware that I totally "cheated" and have way more than 10 books on my list! But it was hard enough to narrow it down this much.
What about you? What books are on your Fall TBR Stack? I love seeing what others are reading; please comment and leave a link!