Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

This is a neat weekly feature over at a blog I really enjoy, The Broke and the Bookish.  They read books similar to some that I've been reviewing, and they're fun and they write well.  Totally worth checking out!

Top Five Blogging Confessions

1. Reviewing ARCs makes me a little nervous.  What if I read a book and I don't like it at all and I write about that and then the ENTIRE REST OF THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY loves it?  I look like a weirdo.

2. I let reviews-to-be-written pile up horribly, until I have a bajillion book reviews to write and I've half-forgotten the books.

3. I accept a ton more Netgalley egalleys than I actually read.  *hangs head in shame*

4. I feel really overwhelmed by my TBR lists.  Yes, plural.  I've been married for 5 years, and I haven't made a dent in reading all the books he brought into our combined library.  And then there's the books I buy.  And the ARCs and egalleys.  And the books recommended to me by friends and loved ones.  And my own TBR list.  And the books that are being talked about in the book blogs.

5. I haven't told hardly anyone that I know in person that I book blog.  My mom knows (but doesn't read it) and my hubby knows (and doesn't read it).  I need to be more confident and let people know that I'm here.

I couldn't come up with 10 this week... what about you?  What are your blogging confessions?  Any tried-and-true advice on my confessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment