Friday, December 12, 2014

Missing Angel Juan by Francesca Lia Block | Book Review


Missing Angel Juan is the fourth Weetzie Bat book.  It's told from Witch Baby's point of view, and it wasn't my favorite.  Witch Baby is just a dark character.  She was hard for me to connect with.  In this book, she travels to NYC to find Angel Juan, who had gone there to find himself and his music.  While there, she stays in Charlie Bat's apartment.

Just like with the first three Weetzie Bat books, Missing Angel Juan is written very lyrically.  We see the entire story from Witch Baby's point of view, and she's seeing things.  Like Charlie Bat's ghost.  There's also a very dark part near the end... and I'm still not 100% sure what happened because of the lack of details, and because Witch Baby sometimes sees things not as they are.

Missing Angel Juan is also a love story.  Witch Baby needs to find Angel Juan because they are in love.  She talks about almost being able to sense him because they're so close.  So I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a romance.  It's a quick read, and the language is quite lovely.

*I checked out my copy of Missing Angel Juan from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment